Assistant Director of Nursing
Company: Southwest Florida Homecare
Location: Lehigh Acres
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Job Title/Position: Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON)
Reports To: Director of Nursing (DON)
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Assistant Director of Nursing is responsible for the overall
direction of home health clinical
The Assistant Director of Nursing establishes, implements and
evaluates goals and objectives
for home health services that meet and promote the standards of
quality and contribute to the
total organization and philosophy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assists the Director of Nursing to coordinate and oversee all
direct and indirect patient
services provided by clinical organization personnel.
2. Assists coordinators and clinical supervisors in continually
improving all aspects of home
health care services, provided through organization personnel.
3. Assists Clinical Supervisors in managing clinical teams and
4. Provides help in assessment, planning, implementation and
evaluation of patient and
family/caregiver care to all clinical personnel as indicated.
5. Assists the Director of Nursing in the preparation and
administration of the organization's
6. Interprets operational indicators to detect census changes and
increases or decreases in
volume, which could impact staffing levels, revenues or
7. Assists Clinical Supervisors to develop skills and techniques in
evaluating the performance
8. Assists in hiring, evaluation, and termination of organization
9. Conducts clinical performance evaluations annually, or more
frequently if indicated.
10. Assists to oversee the maintenance of patient clinical records,
statistics, reports and
records for purposes of evaluation and reporting of organization
11. Assures proper maintenance of clinical records in compliance
with local, state and federal
12. Responsible for the maintenance of adequate and appropriate
inventory supplies and
equipment for the provision of patient services.
13. Assists to develop, implement, and evaluate the orientation
program for new organization
personnel. Assists with orientation of new organization personnel,
either directly or by
delegating to another staff member.
14. Assists in planning and implementing inservice and continuing
education programs to meet
education and training needs of organization personnel.
15. Assists with the evaluation of organization performance via
program, productivity, quarterly and annual reviews. Assures the
quality and safety in the
delivery of home health services provided through the
16. Assists the Director of Nursing in the development of
organization goals. Assists to
recommend, and administer Organization policies and procedures.
17. Assures compliance with all local, state and federal laws
regarding licensure and
certification of organization personnel and, maintains compliance
to the CHAP Home Care
18. Stays informed about changes in the field of nursing and home
health care; shares
information with appropriate organization personnel.
19. Assists the Director of Nursing to promote home health
referrals in the health care
20. Other duties as assigned by the Director of Nursing
1. Registered Nurse with current licensure to practice professional
nursing in the state
or a licensed physician in the state.
2. Degree in Nursing from an accredited program by the National
League for Nursing
3. Three years of management experience in a home health or related
Keywords: Southwest Florida Homecare, Lehigh Acres , Assistant Director of Nursing, Executive , Lehigh Acres, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!