Speech Language Pathologist PRN - Home Health
Company: Family Home Health Services
Location: Lehigh Acres
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Overview:Family Home Health Services delivers best-in-class
patient care and believes that quality home health care is an
integral part of any patient's treatment plan. Our top priority is
providing high-quality skilled care to improve patient outcomes and
quality of life by empowering patients to manage their health at
home. Our care, compassion and community extend beyond those we
serve to those who serve with us, providing an atmosphere of
dignity, personal integrity and respect to our staff, our patients,
and their families.Responsibilities:As a Speech Language
Pathologist at Family Home Health Services you will:
- Evaluate adult patients for appropriateness of admission and
verifies the patient's eligibility for the Medicare home care
benefit, including homebound status, at the time of initial
assessment visit and comprehensive assessment.
- Evaluate patient's speech and language abilities, both defects
and assets, and performs periodic re-evaluations, ensuring accurate
documentation along the way.
- Identify goals, interventions and expected outcomes, involving
the patient and/or caregivers in the plan of care and any changes
to plan of care.
- Prepare and submit clinical and progress notes to the
physician, reflecting activities, findings and patient's reaction
to treatment, changes to patient's condition and or deviations to
the plan of care in a timely manner following visit or
- Provide patient/caregiver education with a focus on goal and
outcome achievement as established in the plan of care, documenting
patient response to teaching in clinical notes.
- Attend virtual staff meetings and participates in patient case
conferences/coordination of care communication.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's or doctoral degree in speech-language pathology.
- Licensed as a Speech Language Pathologist in Florida. License
must be in good standing.
- At least one year of experience treating adult patients,
preferably geriatric patients.
- CPR certification.
We offer competitive pay and benefits:
- Comprehensive Medical Plan
- Dental and Vision Benefits
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Critical Illness and Accidental Insurance
- Life Insurance
Keywords: Family Home Health Services, Lehigh Acres , Speech Language Pathologist PRN - Home Health, Healthcare , Lehigh Acres, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!