Company: HKA Enterprises
Location: Lehigh Acres
Posted on: May 3, 2021
- Interact with coworkers, other City staff, and the public to
establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Performs a variety of tasks in the operation, maintenance and
calibration of the equipment, instruments, processes and support
systems of an industrial water and/or wastewater treatment facility
on an assigned shift.
- Assists with the planning, scheduling, and accomplishment of
route reading as related to the operations, process, and support
systems of a Customer Service Utility Meter Reading
- Learns basic meter reading schedule, billing, and related
customer service oriented policies and procedures.
- Reads water meters on an assigned route and records readings.
Uses the hand-held computer (where applicable) to sequence the
order in which meters are read in order to increase reading
- Read electric, gas, water, or steam consumption meters (as
applicable) and enter data in route books or hand-held
- Understand simple geography relating to City streets.
- Leave messages to arrange different times to read meters in
cases in which meters are not accessible.
- Reports meter skip or not acceptable for reading
- Visual checks to see that meters are functioning properly and
reports defective meters. Inspect meters for unauthorized
connections, defects, and damage such as broken seals.
- Upload into office computers all information collected on
hand-held computers during meter rounds, or return route books or
hand-hand computers to business offices so that data can be
- Verify readings in cases where consumption appears to be
abnormal, and record possible reasons for fluctuations.
- Compares current utility usage to previous usage data to
identify possible meter damage, malfunctioning, or tampering
situations and/or to identify potential leakage problems.
- Uses a two-way radio to report safety hazards, water leaks,
- Responds to customer inquiries regarding meter reading
schedules, billing, how meters are read, and other customer
- Refers problem reads and/or meters that could not be read to a
Field Supervisor - Customer Service Operations or Supervisor for
- Completes Utility Work Orders. Ensure Work Orders are returned
to the appropriate department within the Customer Service Utility
- Report to service departments any problems such as meter
irregularities, damaged equipment, or impediments to meter access,
- Connect and disconnect utility services at specific
- Explains and interprets unusual readings to customer
- Update client address and meter location information.
- Turns water meters on and off, installs or assists with
installation of meters and meter boxes.
- Cleans out water meter boxes which may house spiders, lizards,
snakes, bees, and wasps.
- Be available for on-call when necessary.
- Report lost or broken keys.
- Performs routine maintenance and custodial duties as
- Operates within high accuracy standards in meeting daily meter
- Possess valid driver's license
- Work reading water, gas, or electric meters and/or utility
construction or maintenance work.
- Experience performing physical outdoor duties under adverse
- Customer service techniques; safe work practices and
procedures; and basic arithmetic principles.
Keywords: HKA Enterprises, Lehigh Acres , Meter Reader, Other , Lehigh Acres, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!