Company: HKA Enterprises
Location: Lehigh Acres
Posted on: May 3, 2021
- Perform scheduled maintenance on lift station equipment, piping
- Assist in repair and/or replace lift station motors, pumps, and
- Assist in repair and/or replace lift station piping and
- Assist electrician in repair and/or replacement of lift station
electrical motor panels and radio telemetry units.
- Correctly diagnose lift station problems and be able to
instigate proper repair procedures.
- Work within confined spaces such as sewage wet wells, manholes
and "can" type lift stations.
- Operate and maintain equipment in accordance with manufacturer
- Diagnose computer generated telemetry reports on status of
individual lift stations and lift station system in general.
- Knowledge and skill to operate the telemetry system used for
monitoring and trouble-shooting lift stations and generating
associated reports using laptop or desktop computers.
- Knowledge and ability to use a laptop or desktop computer to
operate an electronic work order and asset management system as it
relates to maintenance and repair of lift stations and associated
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must have dependable safety and work record.
- Must have valid driver's License.
- Knowledge of occupational safety rules and practices as they
relate to confined spaces and mechanical equipment.
- Knowledge of general geographic area.
- Ability to instigate, interpret, and complete work order
- Skill in the safe operation of associated mechanical and
electronic equipment as it relates to the installation, repair and
maintenance of lift station pumps, motors, piping, and
- This equipment may include, but not be limited to hydraulic
and/or manually operated hoist, portable power tools, volt/amp
meters and other electronic diagnostic equipment.
- Knowledge of scope and function of different types lift
stations utilized by City.
- Ability to read and comprehend work orders, equipment/tool
manuals, safety manuals, computer screen, computer print outs, and
other printed and/or written material as it relates to the
- Ability to understand and comprehend area maps as they relate
to lift stations, sewer mains, and sewage treatment facilities.
Also understand and comprehend pump and/or motor diagrams.
- Ability to identify and comprehend colors as they relate to
traffic and/or road signs, safety equipment, utility markings,
electrical wiring, pump diagrams, and other utility related
- Ability to write up work orders, warehouse material
requisitions, vehicle service forms, and brief explanations that
relate to job task and/or problems in a legible and understandable
- Ability to use a variety of manually operated and/or
electric/pneumatic powered hand held tools such as, but not
necessarily limited to, socket wrenches, open end box wrenches,
screw drivers, drills, impact drivers, and saws in an efficient and
- Ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 lbs. and
carry such items over uneven terrain and load/unload them from
- Ability to safely set up and operate large tools such as
pneumatic jack hammer, hydraulic and diesel powered pumps,
hydraulic and gasoline driven saws.
- Will be required to assist and/or work with others in the set
up and operation of any such equipment that weighs over 50
- Ability to perform periodic heavy labor as required.
- Ability to participate in weekly rotating "after hours" call
out duty that requires prompt response on a 24 hour bases including
weekends and holidays.
- During such times responsible decision making is required
within the guidelines of established procedures.
- Ability to handle and work around liquid de-greaser and other
- Hear verbal warnings and basic instructions given by co-workers
while working in noisy environments, confined spaces or in the
immediate vicinity of heavy equipment, and/or lift station
pumps/motors that are in operations.
- At times, may be required to use tools while bending, kneeling,
stooping, standing, sitting, and/or stretching.
- May be required to use tools while moving laterally in any of
the above-mentioned positions or while standing on a ladder and/or
- May also be required to use any such tools while retaining any
of these positions for uninterrupted periods up to two hours.
- Work while standing on uneven and/or wet surfaces.
- Ability to work in confined spaces such as small above ground
lift station structures, underground or "can" type lift stations,
lift station wet wells, lift station valve vaults, sewer manholes
and excavated holes/ditches.
- Ability to work in confined spaces that may have toxic
atmospheres while wearing life line connected safety harness and/or
self contained breathing apparatus.
- Ability to work in and around raw sewage while wearing
- Ability to work during night and/or early morning hours or for
extended periods when required.
- Ability to work and perform manual labor for extended periods
in all weather conditions.
Keywords: HKA Enterprises, Lehigh Acres , Mechanic, Other , Lehigh Acres, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!