Lutheran Services Florida (LSF) envisions a world where
children are safe, families are strong and communities are
Since 1982, Lutheran Services Florida has been providing and
sharing solutions to protect Florida’s most vulnerable. Today, we
are one of the largest nonprofits in Florida touching 1 in 50
Floridians with a wide range of services, including:
- early childhood education
- refugee and immigration
- mental health and substance abuse
- juvenile justice
- child welfare
you have a passion for working with youth? Lutheran Services of
Florida focuses on the idea of making a positive difference in the
lives of the youth & at risk populations. LSF is looking for
talented Youth Care Specialists who wants to make an impact in the
lives of youth ages 10-17! Flexible schedules
required! Looking for night and weekends
7a-3p, 3p-11p, 11p-7a
This position is located in Ft.
Purpose & Impact
This is a direct service delivery position. The Youth Care
Specialist supervises residents, provides quality care, ensures a
safe and secure environment and transports and accompanies
residents with outside activities. You will be the role model and
encourage each resident to pursue educational growth as well as
everyday life skills.
Pay is $11 hour starting rate, increased to $12 an hour after 1
year of experience.
A Day in the Life of a Youth Care
- Provide supportive environment for youth.
- Provide daily security and up-keep of facility.
- As directed, participate in the implementation and monitoring
of client case plans.
- Participate in various in-service training sessions.
- Attend staff meetings, as directed.
- Assist with supervision of residents during activities.
- Effectively manages behavior and supervision of residents
- Assign and supervise chores.
- Prepare meals as needed.
- Screen clients, conduct initial intakes and administer client
satisfaction surveys when so directed.
- Complete required initial paperwork for clients.
- Oversee shelter clients self-administering all medication.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability and flexibility to work extended hours and be flexible
- Valid state driver’s license and proof of auto insurance
Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
Experience working with youth/troubled youth in an
organized/structured setting preferred.
- Dependability, discretion, and good judgement are
- Ability to establish effective relationships with clients,
co-workers and the general public.
- Must demonstrate sensitivity to our service population’s
cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and needs.
- Team player with co-workers and administrators
- Certified CPR/First Aid, crisis intervention within the first
90 days of employment
Why work for LSF?
Ability to Make an Impact in Multiple Areas
LSF offers several programs, spanning across a wide range of
populations in need. This gives our team members an opportunity to
learn and potentially work in programs outside of their direct
area. Either way, members of the LSF family will play a
part in transforming the lives of those in need.
A career at LSF means working and learning alongside talented
professionals in a dynamic and inclusive environment. The values of
our organization – OPEN-MINDED, COMPASSIONATE, GENEROUS, VISIONARY
and HONESTY – drives each one of us.
People working at Lutheran Services Florida treat each other
like family. Whether you work on the front lines or work in an
office, you share a common bond that is felt throughout the
Because of the variety of programs we offer throughout Florida,
team members have the option to explore areas of interest in other
programs or grow within their existing program/department.
Amazing benefits package
- Medical, dental and vision
- Teledoc (24/7 access to doctors via phone and video)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Long-term disability
- Employer paid life insurance (1X salary), AD&D
- Health and dependent care FSA
- 13 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday
- Generous PTO policy
- 403(b) Retirement plan with 3% discretionary employer
- Tuition reimbursement
- LifeMart Employee Discount Program
Additional Voluntary Benefits
- Short-term disability
- Group life insurance
- Accident, critical illness/Cancer and hospital policy
- Legal Shield coverage
Lutheran Services Florida embraces diversity, equity
and inclusion in all business practices. LSF is proud to be an
equal opportunity employer.